As hectic as our first week was, we still made time to walk around and see the beautiful architecture & canals of Saint Petersburg. Some highlights:
- We went up the 300 steps to the top of Saint Isaac’s Cathedral to get a panoramic view of the city.
- The White Nights are really beautiful, especially when the sky is clear with a few clouds at sunset.
- The Savior on the Spilled Blood is one of the most beautiful buildings I’ve seen in my life. We will be going inside one day, but the outside alone is breathtaking.
- We spent hours walking through the Nevsky Prospekt – the “broadway” of Saint Petersburg as one local described it. It has as many shops & restaurants as the tourists walking around the street.
- Looking for and trying food has been one of our main pastimes. One night, we went to a soviet themed restaurant called Kvartirka. The entire place was decorated as a living room of a family in the Soviet era. As sad as it is to admit it, it almost made me feel like I was home in Mongolia 🙂
- High school graduation is a big deal here. They celebrate it with a big fireworks & water show called “Scarlet Sails” that we stayed out until 2am to watch.
Another blog is coming for our visit to the Hermitage Museum ❤
One Reply to “Evening Excursions to the Gems of Saint Petersburg”
lovely photos! they bring back so many memories from my own trip to St.Petersburg last month 🙂